National Statistics (General):
- One in three women will experience violence in their life.
- Women are more often victims of domestic abuse than victims of burglary, mugging, or other physical crime combined. (Family Violence Prevention Fund)
- 95% of reported domestic violence is male on female.
- 30% of women murder victims are killed by their mate. 6% of male murder victims are killed by their mates.
- Research suggests that 36 to 90% of battered women are raped by their partners.
- Studies show that child abuse occurs in 30 to 60% of family violence cases that involve families with children. (Violence Against Women, 1999)
- 85% of women and 63% of children seeking shelter from domestic violence report animal abuse in the home.
Local Statistics (Family Violence Program) July 2012 – June 2013:
- Total Women Sheltered – 75
- Total Children Sheltered – 78
- Total Bed Nights – 2,869
- Average Length of Stay at Shelter – 19 nights
- Number of Hotline Calls – 557
- Number of Presentations, Trainings, and Community Events – 81
- Total Number of Clients served – 1,050